Wednesday 15 February 2012

Naive

So after another week of not really doing much other than a 10k run and a 5k run I really need need to up my training, I had an email from Ironman UK about a familiarisation day where I can go through 1 lap of the swim/bike and run all with the coaches at a relaxed pace. Then it dawned on me that this is not going to be a simple walk in the Park as the email states the bike course (52 hills in 56 miles) o dear god..... So Ive signed up for it, another £85 down + accomadation costs. and its the day after my Tri Nations Tri.

I think ive been very naive in thinking that if I just do the odd hour cycle and the odd 5/10k I`ll be fine to battle through on the day., the actual task in hand is going to be alot more of a challenge than I have thought.

I found a cracking blog from someone in a very similar position to myself having signed up for the same race and done the familiarisation camp also I will be following this blog with much interest.

http://www.urbanrollover.com/2011/04/ironman-70-3-familiarisation-camp/

I also believe that I was too ambitious with the training plan that I attempted to follow, I was exhasted all the time and just cannot live like that, I intend to put the training in as much as I can without over doing it and causing injury or sickness.

No comments:

Post a Comment