Monday 27 February 2012

Working Hard!

Last weeks training went rather well,

Monday - 5km Run in 22.25 - New PB
Tuesday - 1.5km Swimming - 40mins easy
Friday - 15.18km Run
Saturday - 48.2km Bike ride. (30miles)

After riding with a mate who is training for lands end to jon o groats I quite quickly realised how much work im going to have to put in to not be completely spent by the run. We only tackled 3 major hills which I struggled on all 3 but didnt get off!. 2 Hours of cycling and I was done, time to join the gym and start spinning again like I used to, I need to learn the push pull technique and ease the hills!.

I think I seriously need to consider a new bike with better components, my gears are clicking and skipping and the bike felt slow. After some advice I may purchase

http://www.planet-x-bikes.co.uk/i/q/FBPXPRORIV12/planet_x_pro_carbon_rival_road_bike_2012

Full Spec:

Shifters: SRAM Rival 10 Speed Double Tap Black
Rear Mech: SRAM Rival Road Short Cage
Front Mech: SRAM Rival Braze On Double
Chainset: Sram Apex Mirror Black 50-34T
Cassette: SRAM PG1050 10sp 11-26
Chain SRAM PC1051 10 Sp Chain
Bars: Planet X Road Bar Strada Shallow Drop, 42 cm, Matt Black, 31.8 mm Clamp
Stem: Planet X Superlight Team 3D Forged Stem , Polished Black, 6 degrees, 31.8 mm Clamp
Headset: On-One Integrated Headset with Waterseal,
Saddle: Planet X Superlight Team Saddle ,CromMo Rails, Black
Seatpost: Planet X Superlight Team 3D Forged Alloy 31.6 mm Polished Black
Tyres: Vittoria Zaffiro Wired Road Tyre, 700c, Black, 25mm
Wheelset: Planet X Model B wheelset 700 C, Shimano/SRAM, 20/24 Hole, White

Looks smart and has great components also.

No comments:

Post a Comment