Sunday 30 June 2013

7 days from now

Ill be 13:30hrs into the race and hopefully close to finishing as its been a long day let alone exercising since 7am..

So since my last update I have`nt really done that much, I`ve enlisted the help of a sport masseuse who has been beasting my ITB and calves weekly now at a shot of making them better for race day. I`ve been on full rest pretty much for 3 weeks now which obviously is no ideal but as ive been advised its better to go into a race slightly under trained that either injured or tired because of over training.

Since I haven't been doing much ive found myself to be very tired which from what ive read is common dropping volume and intensity.

I ran 1.2 miles yesterday and the knee felt ok, I used a knee support which I plan to use race day which felt ok.

I tested my new wheels out this week on a short 15 mile stint to test my bike which was completely stripped down and built back up, its now got the original frame and thats about it, its weighs a nice 8.5kg`s and seems to be very fast and responsive. Annoyingly on taking the bike down an unknown track which turned into pretty much off roading I got a puncture and split my brand new vittoria cx tyres. On getting the puncture I was initially happy as it gave me a chance to test changing a tyre at the side of the road using my co2 cartridge and trying to take my time, splitting my tyres was not a good part of it. With a small (tiny) blemish in each tyre paranoia steps in and ive ordered a brand new set from germany (another £58). I guess I cannot justify risking everything Ive trained for for the past 6 months + because Im too tight to buy decent tyres.

Looking forward to getting out there now and relaxing into the hotel, once the bike and bags are racked I can relax and think about the race. I feel I owe it to myself to do my best and although injury amongst over things have been mainly on my mind I cannot get side tracked from what will hopefully be one of the best days of my life.

I will put updates this week and try and blog pre race morning :)

heres a pic of the bike almost fully built with my new wheels :)

No comments:

Post a Comment